Fog on the Barrow-Downs of Tintern Abby
Today has been a wonderful day. We awoke to the sound of rain (and we fell asleep to it too) and left Bath to travel to Wales. While there we journied to Tintern Abbey of Wordsworth fame.It is a breath-taking old ruin. Especially in the fog shrowed way we saw it. I could almost believe I was alone under my umbrella surrounded by rain in the old abbey.
Dr. Martindale read 'Tintern Abbey.'
We then left Wales (::saddness::) and journeyied to a rest stop for lunch at a Burger King. The poor workers there had no idea what had happened to them when we decended upon them. But we soon left (40mins later) and our driver, Brian, gave us a guessing game: How long, in miles, have we traveled so far. I guessed 675 and Daniel won with 607. The answer was 609 miels.
We finally got to Oxford and said good-bye to Brian. We shall all miss him. He is wondrefully nice and filled with tricks and jokes.
We've all moved into our rooms. I'm in the Gatehouse and Daniel is a few houses down. His room is most certainly the largest one (it can fit three of mine into it!) and I think I will spend lots of time there (as his has more windows (5:1) and is therefore cooler. )
Off to dinner! And after that a walk through Oxford. Tomorrow is filled with other such walks and book reading and paper writing.
Oh! and I can now check my blog and email everyday(ish) so feel free to contact me! Please?
2 Comments:
*poke*
Tracy and Daniel, I love all the photos and the journal of your daily travels. I almost feel like I'm there. Continue to have a wonderful time. Love, Daniel's Mom
P. S. Did Daniel get my e-mail from July 6?
Post a Comment
<< Home