There and back again: A Wheatie's tale

This blog is completely and totally for my Wheaton in England (WiE) summer trip.

My Photo
Name:
Location: IL, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The House of King Arthur


I went to Tintagel yesterday. It had an amazing view. I took so many pictures (and some of them are of butterflies, snails, and slugs).

The Cornish cliffs are so steep. Everytime I looked out to sea I wanted to fly off or go join the navy (all of the sea currents very a lovely shade of azure). After climbing all over the island for 2.5 hrs. we climbed back to the villiage (a creepy place) and then to the hotel (I lucked out and got Camelot hotel over the youth hostel). We went out to eat at an interesting place, I thought I was getting Steak and ale pie, but what I actually got was steak, ale, and kidney pie. Yes.... Anyway after that we went on a long walk along the cliffs (more pictures) and returned to the hotel to view the sunset.
I went to bed early(ish) and sleep very well. The hotel was also very odd. It was run by a scientologist and there were scientology things everywhere. And really bad art by scientologists (Think a 2-year-old on acid and then make it worse.) Vut other then that it was an amazing day. I must be off now.

Oh. I would call home but all the places I've been hate my calling cards. Lots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home