There and back again: A Wheatie's tale

This blog is completely and totally for my Wheaton in England (WiE) summer trip.

My Photo
Name:
Location: IL, United States

Monday, July 03, 2006

The Old Forest


I am at the Salisbury Youth Hostel. It is a lovely one! I also received the best meal: fruit, salad, chicken, a baked potato, and strawberries and cream for dessert.

Salisbury Cathedral was amazingly beautiful and so was George Herbert's parish church: he wrote lovely poetry (one of the first writers of concrete poetry). After we had dinner, we went on a walk through the Water Meadows and I saw swans and white geese and sheep. All up close! And and and when we got back to the hostel I looked on the grounds and saw!!! a hedgehog! It was the size of a small loaf of bread.
Anyway others would like to use the net so I must be off. I shall write again as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home