The Gallery and the Admiral (Tuesday)
Today was our last day in London.
Our morning was spent grabbing items for friends at home so that they might speak to us when we got back. I resisted the temptation to buy my dad a "My daughter went to London and all I got was this T-shirt" shirt. You should be proud of me. Really.
After lunch from Salisbury's eaten in the Costa Coffee across the way, Daniel and I walked to Trafalgar Square and around the National Gallery. It was lovely, nothing compares to seeing the original painting. Nothing. I was so happy to see the paintings that I have only read about or seen imatations of. My favorite was one of St. Catherine and the baby Jesus with Mary and another lady-saint... I shall remember her later... Margaret? I am not sure.
After Trafalgar we walked home and chatted with C--- and C---- for a very long time and successfully made C--- feel 'uncomfortable.' This action brought us up another level on the Friendship ladder. Oh! Daniel also had a Llama Incident that you should ask him about. It is very funny.
But after all of this I was very tired and went to bed. It was a lovely night.
Our morning was spent grabbing items for friends at home so that they might speak to us when we got back. I resisted the temptation to buy my dad a "My daughter went to London and all I got was this T-shirt" shirt. You should be proud of me. Really.
After lunch from Salisbury's eaten in the Costa Coffee across the way, Daniel and I walked to Trafalgar Square and around the National Gallery. It was lovely, nothing compares to seeing the original painting. Nothing. I was so happy to see the paintings that I have only read about or seen imatations of. My favorite was one of St. Catherine and the baby Jesus with Mary and another lady-saint... I shall remember her later... Margaret? I am not sure.
After Trafalgar we walked home and chatted with C--- and C---- for a very long time and successfully made C--- feel 'uncomfortable.' This action brought us up another level on the Friendship ladder. Oh! Daniel also had a Llama Incident that you should ask him about. It is very funny.
But after all of this I was very tired and went to bed. It was a lovely night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home