There and back again: A Wheatie's tale

This blog is completely and totally for my Wheaton in England (WiE) summer trip.

My Photo
Name:
Location: IL, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Many Partings

We all went our seperate ways today. We split first at St Margaret's where 6(?) people left us to join family or travel more.

At Heathrow, I met a lovely woman (she took care of my bags and tickets). She was very nice and helped me through the agrivating requirments. I hope she is well right now.
In Heathrow Daniel and I ate lunch at an Irish place and spent the rest of our English LSD and I also bought more books. Yeah.... Umm onward!

The flight was long, but very uneventful. When we got to O'hare we practically sailed through Customs. We really did. I had a fun time finding reception for my phone and praying for battery (I fried my charger in London. Yes the voltage is different there.) I called home and the limo. We got a white strech because of our (my) amount of luggage.

On the way to Wheaton, Daniel and I practically pass out. We do get there and I run to get the car (It worked perfectly, even after no use for 1.5 months.) and we drove to Ms. Laurie's, who is the most amazing, kind, and generous person in the whole world. Her house was wonderful, we were able to shower and sleep in a familiar and comfortable setting. I really cannot tell how great it was.

And it rained (thundered) all night long.

I love the sound of rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home